This policy applies to personal information collected on websites owned or controlled by Fundscape and its UK affiliates and their brands – Compare the Platform and Millennials and Money (collectively referred to in this policy as “we”, “us” or “our”). This policy also covers our social media accounts and marketing material.
We comply with data protection legislation such as the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. They regulate the processing of personal data relating to you and grant you various rights in respect of your personal data.
The aim of this policy is to tell you how we will use any personal information we collect, or that you provide through our websites and social media accounts. Please read it carefully before you proceed. The data controller in respect of this website is Fundscape.
What personal Information do we collect?
You do not have to give us any personal information to use most of this website and where you do, we don’t need to collect a lot of information, but we do need to know who you are, what you’ve asked for and how we can reply to you.
However, on registering on our websites, subscribing to a service or requesting further information, we may request the following personal information from you:
- phone number and
- email address
We may also ask for a company name, and business address for access to some parts of our sites. You may also choose to provide additional voluntary information during your use of these websites.
In addition, we may automatically collect information about the website that you came from or are going to. We may also collect information about the pages of this website that you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access this website. However, this information is aggregated and is not used to identify you.
If your account is inactive for more than 24 months we will delete all your personal data from our systems.
How will your personal information be used and shared?
The personal information we collect allows us to:
- provide the products and services you require
- administer our website and provide customer services
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements
- monitor and analyse the use of any account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime
- gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis
- communicate with you
- investigate any complaints about this website
- personalise your experience of this website, and
- contact you about our products and services which we think might be of interest to you (where we have the appropriate permissions to do so).
We may employ the services of third-party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, maintenance, and email hosting. In some cases, the third party may receive your information. However, we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
We may use aggregated information to administer and improve our website, analyse trends, gather broad demographic information and detect suspicious or fraudulent transactions. We may be required to pass this information to third parties.
We will never sell, gift or provide any of your details to companies outside of Fundscape, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
Where you have given us the appropriate permissions during the registration process to the website/website services (as applicable), we may from time to time contact you by email, or post about our products and services (including from all our brands) that may be of interest to you.
If at any point, you would like to opt out of receiving such marketing communications from us or would like to change the channels that we use to contact you, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive, or email us, stating your preferences email@example.com.
Social Media Policy
We are active on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and encourage you to ‘like’, share and comment. We encourage discussion from and between our followers, however, we may not be able to provide individual responses. Some queries may be diverted to our dedicated response channels, for example, for Freedom of Information Act queries.
Discussions are monitored by our digital team and they may direct a query through existing communication channels where appropriate.
We do not encourage or endorse any commercial or third-party promotions that appear on any of our social media platforms.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn are operated and maintained by their own companies. Fundscape accepts no responsibility for lack of or interruptions to service or other technical difficulties arising due to these platforms’ own downtime.
If you choose to connect via social media, we ask that you adhere to the etiquette listed below:
- be respectful of other users of the page
- stay on topic and do not post content that is unrelated to the purpose of the page
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative
- do not post material if you know or suspect that doing so may breach the law
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- please provide truthful and accurate submissions (do not provide submissions where you are not sure of their truthfulness or factual accuracy)
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication
- Failure to adhere will result in your postings being removed and could result in your access to our pages being blocked.